During its March 15th meeting, the Church Council shared its support of the vision recommendations presented by the Visioning Team. The Visioning Team began its work August 29, 2010 and submitted the preliminary goals as a way for leading the church forward.
1. Open the doors to the community: A small screening group was established to compose basic guidelines and to hear the church and community requests to use St. John's facilities. The hope is to open the church doors broader for meeting the socialization, economic, and hands'-on needs of the community.
2. To provide English to Students of Other Languages (ESOL). Many persons living near St. John's do not have English-language skills. This is an effort to help these individuals to better connect with the community, as well as the church.
3. Provide more small group activities through the church.
4. Begin the processes of finding a "Children/Youth/Christian Education" person for the church. The ideal person would have some musical skills and be multi-lingual.
5. Install the projector in the sanctuary. This will be used to enhance worship possibilities.