Outside Groups Using the Church Facilities
A. The “Church Facility Committee” would decide on what groups can use the facilities for the following:
1. The group’s agenda does not conflict with the Christian witness;
2. The group’s use of facilities is for a limited time-period OR at a time not normally used by the church;
3. The cost to the church is minimal (no expected increases in electricity costs);
4. There is a “responsible person” willing to take responsibility for the event;
5. Members of the church are invited to be part of the event;
6. Assurance the area will be left as it was found.
B. The “Church Facility Committee” may turn over the decision on a group using the facilities over to the Church Council for decision-making if:
1. The group’s agenda may pose conflicts with the Christian witness;
2. The group’s use of the facilities is for an on-going activity (i.e. daily, weekly, or bi-weekly) OR at a time that might conflict (at times) with other church activities (this will not negate the group’s use, but special conditions or terms may need to be extended);
3. There is a cost to the church beyond budgeted expenses;
4. The event is not open to the church members to be involved in the event;
5. If, following A. above, conditions show conflicts, yet the small group believes the group is of value and needs to be considered (i.e. the church sees value in the group but there turns out to be a cost to the church).
C. All groups wishing to use the facilities should provide answers to the following:
1. The dates, space, and times the group wishes to use the facilities;
2. The name of a “responsible person” willing to take responsibility for the event;
3. Whether or not church members are invited (whenever possible, a church member should be at the event).
4. If following the first use, it is discovered that there is an extra cost to the church, would the group be willing to pay these costs for the next use?
5. The group understands that for multiple-usage, the group may need to adjust for the church needs (i.e. for the Bazaar or Yard Sale). The church will notify the group letting them know other arrangements will need to be made when a date/time conflict arises.